Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ferindo Middleton Jr <fm...@verizon.net> on 2005/08/03 03:27:36 UTC

how do you Show data from sql query result using datagrid taglib

I have installed the datagrid 1.2 taglib and have read the documentation
and looked at the examples but none of these two sources specifically
show how to use the datagrid taglib for showing the results of a
database query.
Can anyone give an example of how to tie the datagrid into showing
database query/result records. I've been doing this the manual way using
simple tables and looping through query results to regular html tables
fields to populate the results of my sql queries for my application...
using datagrid seems like a cleaner tool...
Also, this taglib seems to be just for viewing data but not editing
it... any one one if setting up the fields for editing is possible with
this taglib or if it is in the works wit h the developers or whether
there is another taglib  out there  that's better for this  at any rate.

Ferindo

--
Ferindo Middleton
Chief Architect

Re: how do you Show data from sql query result using datagrid taglib

Posted by Ferindo Middleton Jr <fm...@verizon.net>.
I keep getting this error message saying:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /web/registration_and_attendance_record_maintenance/find_and_list_registration.jsp(177,13) According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute items does not accept any expressions

I'm calling the tag like this (this is what line 177 in this JSP has):

<datagrid-ui:dataGrid items="${result.rows}" var="row" name="datagrid1" cellPadding="0" cellSpacing="0">

I start in this page by calling the sql query like this:

<sql:query dataSource="${utrad_db_data}" var="registrationList"
scope="session">
SELECT *, registration_and_attendance.id AS registrationId FROM classes,
bureaus, registration_and_attendance WHERE
registration_and_attendance.id LIKE ? AND class_id LIKE ?
AND bureau_id LIKE ?
AND firstname LIKE ?

Why do I get this error message. It appears that
items="${result.rows}"     is not proving the kind of data the tag is
expecting...

Ferindo

Posted by Ferindo Middleton Jr <fm...@verizon.net>.
[...]

items="${result.rows}"     is not providing the kind of data the tag is
expecting...

Ferindo