Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Xin Herbert Wu <xi...@pathf.com> on 2006/03/21 05:18:46 UTC

[users@httpd] apache(v2.0) to jboss(v4.0.3) context path prepend - how to?

Hi, All,
I am new to Apache2.0/Jboss4.0.3 integration. After looking over apache
docs, I am still stuck with this simple problem:

(1) Assume I have a web app called mywebapp.war and I deployed it to the
jboss server(http1.1 connector listens on port 8080). I can access this web
app with the URL http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/index.html
(2) Now I want to add the apache server(on port 80) as the front-end to
access mywebapp.war with nicer and shorter url
http://localhost:80/index.html

So I tried to configure apache server so that it can automatically prepend
the context path "/mywebapp" to the request and then relay it to jboss
server either via ajp13(such as port 8009) or directly to http port 8080.
But I did not find out on how to do it.

What's the proper way to configure apache so that both (1) and (2) are valid
ways to access the given webapp?

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Xin