Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> on 2004/04/09 15:17:51 UTC

Re: [proposal] Using Forrest to generate docu

Hi all,

I played a little bit with Forrest and generate an "early alpha" version
of the OJB webpage. Have a look at this:

http://www.powaibel.de/ojb/index.html

Most pages are corrupted (+pdf-files missing), because the xml-files are
not ported to Forrest. Only the main page and FAQ are correct.

The port of the xdocs files shouldn't be a problem. This can be done in
a few days. I only have problems with the Forrest configuration. Does
someone has experience in using Forrest?

regards,
Armin

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Ooo, pretty.

=)

-Brian

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi again,

Armin Waibel wrote:

> Thomas Mahler wrote:
>
>> Wow, I'm impressed! The forrest style pages look really nice!
>>

> Indeaed! But new Maven style looks great too, so this isn't an argument
> for using Forrest ;-)
> A great feature of Forrest is the automatic generation of a TOC/Index on
> top of each page (and pdf generation). I think Maven doesn't support this.

> I'm not sure but when using Forrest we will loose the "Project
> Info"/"Project Reports" pages automatic generated (if configuration is
> correct ;-)) by Maven. I can't find similar in Forrest.

Mhh, I never managed to get the project reports working for us... So it
won't be a real loss...

Thomas

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.