Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/14 18:46:59 UTC

M2: JUnit Testing

Hi,

Using M2.

Firstly, when I run test, it runs surefire and not JUnit as shown in Maven 1
documentation. Is surefire better and/or how do I get JUnit to run the
tests?

Secondly, how do I get a HTML report showing the outcome of the JUnit tests
run e.g. number of successful tests, error messages for invalid ones etc. on
HTML page? (Any chance of saying what needs to be put in pom.xml file)

Many thanks,

Mike

Re: M2: JUnit Testing

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Michael Owen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using M2.
>
> Firstly, when I run test, it runs surefire and not JUnit as shown in
> Maven 1 documentation. Is surefire better and/or how do I get JUnit to
> run the tests?

Surefire create a specific classloader for tests without maven classes
in it. Surefire embed JUnit, so you write your tests like in m1.
Create them in src/test/java.

> Secondly, how do I get a HTML report showing the outcome of the JUnit
> tests run e.g. number of successful tests, error messages for invalid
> ones etc. on HTML page? (Any chance of saying what needs to be put in
> pom.xml file)

The test report doesn't exist for the moment. It'll exist in a near future.

Emmanuel

Re: M2: JUnit Testing

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.