Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Stephen Chell (DSL AK)" <St...@datacom.co.nz> on 2004/03/16 02:33:40 UTC

Log4j: turning off initialisation output

When I initialise Log4j, it outputs the following to standard output:

log4j: Threshold ="null".

log4j: Level value for root is  [debug].

log4j: root level set to DEBUG

log4j: Class name: [org.apache.log4j.FileAppender]

log4j: Setting property [file] to [c:/eai/usa.log].

log4j: Setting property [threshold] to [DEBUG].

log4j: Parsing layout of class: "org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout"

log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%d [%t] %-5p %c{1} : %m%n].

log4j: setFile called: c:/eai/usa.log, true

log4j: setFile ended

log4j: Adding appender named [debug-out] to category [root].

How can I turn this output off?

Note: I'm using DOMConfigurator.configure(String filename) to perform the
initialisation.

Thanks in advance ...

Steve

Re: Log4j: turning off initialisation output

Posted by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au>.
On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 12:33, Stephen Chell (DSL AK) wrote:
> When I initialise Log4j, it outputs the following to standard output:
>

> log4j: Threshold ="null".

<snip/>

You have the "log4j.debug" System Property defined and with a value of
"true".  Change the value to false or remove the actual setting of the
value and it will disappear.

There usually a couple of places that this can be set:

1) VM Start: e.g 'java -Dlog4j.debug=true com.mycompany.MyApp'
3) Within log4j.xml file:

 <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="true">

3) Within your log4j.properties file as 'log4j.debug=true'

cheers,

Paul Smith