Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 21:15:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA-AS 2.6.0 RC3

Hi,

the UIMA-AS 2.6.0 release candidate 3 is ready for voting.

The RC3 fixes:
1) Missing license+notice info for httpcore, httpclient, geronimo-servlet
in binary release

The full list of bugs and features addressed by this RC can be viewed here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-3901?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%3D2.6.0AS%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2Cpriority%20DESC%2Ccreated%20DESC

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1027/org/apache/uima/

The source and binary zip/tars are staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.6.0/RC3/

The Eclipse udpate site is:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.6.0/RC3/eclipse-update-site/uima-as/

The SVN Tag Checkout:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/tags/uima-as-2.6.0

and for the Eclipse Update Site:
svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/tags/uima-as-2.6.0/uima-as-eclipse-update-site

See: http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for details on settting
this up.

Vote open for 72 hours.

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] 0   Don't care

- Jerry Cwiklik

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-AS 2.6.0 RC3

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The NOTICE file in the binary has several repetitions of approximately the
following:

This product includes software developed by The Apache Software
Foundation as part of the <xxxx> project.

Please see this info which says how to treat this for all the Apache projects
included:
http://apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product.

I don't think this is a blocker, but ought to be fixed.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-AS 2.6.0 RC3

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Cancelling UIMA-AS 2.6.0 RC3 Voting due to problems found by Marshall.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The binary NOTICE file says includes it includes Jetty, which in turn includes
the javax.servlet package, licensed under CDDL version 1,
But CDDL versiln 1 license in Binary license has a preamble:
== For jaxb-api and jaxb-impl (CDDL)                                   ==
== Source code is at java.net                                          ==
that doesn't mention the javax.servlet.

It is required by the CDDL to say where to find the source.

-Marshall