Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Boudewijn van Weert <b....@valbosoft.com> on 2009/02/16 23:56:15 UTC

JSON

Hello,

I see that Turbine 2.3.3 includes a JSON-RPC module.
I'm trying to integrate GWT with my Turbine applications through JSON, and
just got into the JSON stuff. As far as I can tell the JSON-RPC bridge can't
help me with that (correct me if I'm wrong); Is there anything in Turbine I
can use to generate JSON responses to a regurar URL call?

Thanks in advance,
Bo

RE: JSON

Posted by Sheldon Ross <ro...@hotmail.com>.
We don't use anything specific, just construct the JS string on the fly.

JSString = "{field1:"+value1+",field2:"+value2+"}";

HttpServletResponse response = data.getResponse();
response.setContentType("text/javascript");
response.getOutputStream().getWriter().println(JSString);

Not pretty but works for the AJAX we do.