Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/13 18:32:16 UTC

[RELEASE] Tapestry version 5.2.1 (beta release)

Following a successful vote, the Tapestry team has released the first
beta release of Tapestry 5.2, version 5.2.1.

This release consists mostly of bug fixes on top of release 5.2.0.
Full release notes are available. Mainly, this release improves live
service reloading and a number of issues related to JavaScript and
Ajax.

Tapestry can be downloaded from the Apache Mirrors, or via the central
Maven repository:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
    <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
    <version>5.2.1</version>
</dependency>

For more details see:
  http://people.apache.org/~uli/tapestry-site/2010/10/11/tapestry-version-521-beta.html

Also, please check out the previous of the new Tapestry web site:

  http://people.apache.org/~uli/tapestry-site/

It's still a work in progress!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [RELEASE] Tapestry version 5.2.1 (beta release)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
We'll continue to produce betas ... certainly a 5.2.2 will come soon.

The real process is to vote on an existing release (hopefully, the
5.2.2) after it has been available as a beta for a few weeks, to
retroactively label it GA. That's a standard Apache approach, and its
reality based. If necessary, we will create a 5.2.3 and give it some
experience time.

Posted by ael <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Wow...