Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> on 2019/11/01 09:22:31 UTC

Building AOO42X under Debian9

Hello,

I tried o build the recent branch AOO42X under Debian 9. It stopped at
building svx.

As described I tried again <build --from svx> and get the attached log

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: Building AOO42X under Debian9

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mechtilde,

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 11:49 AM Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> wrote:

> Hello Ariel,
>
> I have 22 cores. What can be good values for build --all?

It's just a question of doing maths: if I have 6 cores:
 -P3 -- -P2 = 3 modules in parallel, 2 jobs per module
 -P2 -- -P3 = 2 modules in parallel, 3 jobs per module
WIth 22 cores, you can try -P5 -- -P4. But expect that build system
might be broken.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Buenos Aires

Re: Building AOO42X under Debian9

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Ariel,

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mechtilde,

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Ariel

Am 01.11.19 um 22:35 schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
> Hi Mechtilde,
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 6:31 AM Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> wrote:
>> I tried o build the recent branch AOO42X under Debian 9. It stopped at
>> building svx.
>
> I can sort of reproduce this, but with other modules, always if I
> build with a single process; I guess you are building with
> build --all

yes I do so
> without the -P switch.

I use build --all -P12 -- -P12

we have sponsoring of a multicore maschine to build AOO

What is the right configuration to build with as much Cores as possible?

> It looks like something is broken with the modules dependencies.

Kind regards

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mechtilde,