Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robin Helgelin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/30 16:12:33 UTC

T5: type coercion, where?

Hi,

I have a Hibernate database entity called User, and I want to display
a resultset of User's in a grid, however, I want to hide certain
fields, change a few and add another one, so my idea was to create a
bean created for this purpose.

However, where should I do the conversion? In Hibernate or Tapestry?
In Tapestry I can solve it with a type coercion, but I'm not sure how
to solve it in Hibernate, I'm pretty new there, a ResultTransformer?
I've tried that together with using a criteria, but that became to
advanced as the User have a few many-to-many relationships.

Any tips? Otherwise I'll go with a Tapestry type coercion :)

--
        regards,
        Robin