Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Grobe <Ga...@aspentech.com> on 2000/04/17 01:47:31 UTC

setting up a web app ...

I'm have a heck of a time trying to setup a web app. I'm trying to put my
project under webapps and i've got one called lego that was added by my Ant
configuration.

In my server.xml file I've added:
<Context path="" docBase="webapps/lego" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context>

Where does the DocumentRoot var in apache's httpd.conf point to? (i'd like
not to have to enter the context after the server name).

Any pointers would be much appreciated (even some documentation).

Re: setting up a web app ...

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
Do not touch the DocumentRoot in httpd.conf

use full paths:
> In my server.xml file I've added:
<Context path="/lego" docBase="/full/path/to/your/lego/webapps/lego"
         debug="0" reloadable="true">
 </Context>

in your tomcat.conf put

     ApJServMount /lego /root

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Gary Grobe wrote:

> I'm have a heck of a time trying to setup a web app. I'm trying to put my
> project under webapps and i've got one called lego that was added by my Ant
> configuration.
>
> In my server.xml file I've added:
> <Context path="" docBase="webapps/lego" debug="0" reloadable="true">
> </Context>
>
> Where does the DocumentRoot var in apache's httpd.conf point to? (i'd like
> not to have to enter the context after the server name).
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated (even some documentation).

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/