Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/07/26 02:11:28 UTC

Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Feedback welcome - to be send out to announce@a.o

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Flex 4.10.0

Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework for building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including smartphones, tablets and tv).

Apache Flex 4.10.0 is backwards compatible update to Apache Flex 4.9.1 that contains a multitude of new features, more than 200 bug fixes and long awaited support for Linux. For the complete list of changes please take a look in the RELEASE_NOTES.

Apache Flex is available in source form from the following download page:
http://flex.apache.org/download-source.html

It's recommended you install Apache Flex by using the Apache Flex IDE installer:
http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I thought by the end of this thread [1],  that is what we all agreed to.

If you read further down in the thread we should release the installer before releasing the new SDK - but no matter.

Justin

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 25, 2013 5:56 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I think we decided to release it along with the Installer this time,
right?
> Noting been decided but it certainly causes less issues to people who
want to installer the new version.

I thought by the end of this thread [1],  that is what we all agreed to.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/4i3vxupqub6jo7go

> > If someone gives me an all clear, I will go ahead and start the vote
for the Installer.
> IMO I'd call the vote now, otherwise it will further delay this release.
And as a side effect it will test 4.10 out more. 4.9 was released all the
way back in December - we can do better than this.

Will start the vote in a few hours.  Looks like RC2 is in a good enough
shape to be voted upon.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Updated announcement, to include the IDE as well. We'll need to update the download page before sending this out.

De we need a short line about the installer improvements?

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex 4.10.0 and Apache Flex IDE Installer 2.6.

Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework
for building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy
consistently on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including
smartphones, tablets and TVs).

Apache Flex 4.10.0 is a backwards compatible update to Apache Flex
4.9.1 that contains a multitude of new features, more than 200 bug fixes
and the long awaited support for Linux. For the complete list of changes

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Looks fine.  The internet is telling me it should be "TVs" (capital T and
capital V) but we've had it lower case for quite a while, so only change
if you feel like it.

Re: Draft 4.10.0 announcement

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.