Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lawrence Turcotte <la...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/13 21:32:07 UTC

unsubscibe

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by Branton Davis <br...@spanning.com>.
This may be a silly question, but has anyone considered making
the mailing list accept unsubscribe requests this way?  Or at least filter
them out and auto-respond with a message explaining how to unsubscribe?  Seems
like it should be pretty simple and would make it easier for folks to leave
and less noise for the rest of us.

Re: sstableloader

Posted by Jean Tremblay <je...@zen-innovations.com>.
Thank you for your answer Kai.

On 17 Aug 2016, at 11:34 , Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com>> wrote:

yes, you are correct.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Jean Tremblay <je...@zen-innovations.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I’m using Cassandra 3.7.

In the documentation for sstableloader I read the following:

<< Note: To get the best throughput from SSTable loading, you can use multiple instances of sstableloader to stream across multiple machines. No hard limit exists on the number of SSTables that sstableloader can run at the same time, so you can add additional loaders until you see no further improvement.>>

Does this mean that I can stream my sstables to my cluster from many instance of sstableloader running simultaneously on many client machines?

I ask because I would like to improve the transfer speed of my stables to my cluster.

Kind regards and thanks for your comments.

Jean

Re: sstableloader

Posted by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com>.
yes, you are correct.

sstableloader

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: unsubscibe

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: unsubscibe

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Thank you for your sincere and honest explanation.  In the future, I would
reply with something like this:

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send an email to
user-unsubscribe@cassandra.apache.org.  You will receive another email,
confirming that you wish to leave the mailing list.   Simply reply to that
email.  You will then receive another email saying 'goodbye' from the
mailing list, confirming that you have been unsubscribed.

I would leave out the "as mentioned everywhere" part.

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: unsubscibe

Posted by Eric Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 7:24 PM, James Carman

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.evans@gmail.com

Re: unsubscibe