Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2008/05/12 06:29:21 UTC

Bundle classpath resource URLs

Hey all,

I notice when I get a Resource URL from a bundle it has a URL looking like
"bundle://25.1:3/some/object/here" - the 25 clearly points to the bundle id,
but I'm not sure what the 1:3 points to - is there any documentation on this
URL scheme anywhere?

Mark

--
"It is easier to optimize correct code than to correct optimized code." --
Bill Harlan

Re: Bundle classpath resource URLs

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Mark Derricutt wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I notice when I get a Resource URL from a bundle it has a URL looking like
> "bundle://25.1:3/some/object/here" - the 25 clearly points to the bundle id,
> but I'm not sure what the 1:3 points to - is there any documentation on this
> URL scheme anywhere?

There is documentation in the program source, but this is all very
implementation dependent, so it is highly recommended to not depend on
this in any way.

You are correct that the 25 is bundle ID, the 1 is the runtime revision
of the bundle (normally it is 0, but after each update it increments
until there is a refresh at which point it will go back to 0), and the 3
is the index into the bundle's class path (since it is possible that an
entry with the same name exists in multiple bundle class path entries,
it is necessary to specify the index to uniquely specify where to find
the resource).

-> richard