Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cpanon <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/24 22:29:26 UTC

log4j w/apache

Hello
Newbie on ussing log4j and now that I have a simplistic log4j configuration file I am seeing ALL of the apache all from org.apache.commons.digester.Digester or org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax.  How can I stop that but still keep a simple or reconfigure my log4j.properties?  tia.

Re: log4j w/apache

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: log4j w/apache

Posted by Christopher Piggott <cp...@gmail.com>.
This is described here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/log4j-user@logging.apache.org/msg10697.html

If you truly want them to go nowhere you can do this:

log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.digester.Digester=WARN, nowhere
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax=WARN, nowhere
log4j.appender.nowhere=org.apache.log4j.varia.NullAppender
log4j.additivity.nowhere=false

The real trick is that you have to send those messages to a logger
that won't pass them up (i.e. additivity=false).

Using the documentation you should be able to take it from here.

--Chris