Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/06/04 08:12:53 UTC

[DRAFT] June Board Report

Hi all,

this time I tried keeping the details of the report as short as
possible. Even if I liked to point out our achievements and such, I
started thinking what I would like to know, if I was a board member and
had to chew through the reports of 1/3 of the foundation's reports every
month.

Let's see if this form of report is appreciated ... if not we'll provide
more details next time.

Chris

The mission of the Apache PLC4X project is creating a set of libraries for
communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a
variety of protocols but with a shared API.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache PLC4X was founded 2019-04-17 (2 years ago)
There are currently 19 committers and 12 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ben Hutcheson on 2020-11-08.
- Thomas Frost was added as committer on 2021-05-07

## Project Activity:
The project is currently working hard on finishing a number of new
features and improvements that are currently being worked on in
parallel. As soon as these are brought to an end, we're planning on
starting the next release.

## Community Health:
Overall activity hast increased since the last report and more and more
folks seem to be showing up which we are helping in doing their first
contributions. I would consider the overall health of the project very good.

The list activity increased by 35%, number of commits went up by 25%,
number of contributors increased by 15%

Re: [DRAFT] June Board Report

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.
.+1 yes let s try to keep it short and see if there is feedback fro m the
board

Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> schrieb am Fr., 4. Juni 2021,
10:13: