Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Harsch, Timothy J. (ARC-SC)[PEROT SYSTEMS]" <ti...@nasa.gov> on 2009/04/22 19:18:58 UTC

fl parameter

Since SOLR uses variable fields per record it would be useful to not only be able to specify which fields to return in a query via the fl parameter, but to also specify which fields to *not* return in the query.  Especially if you use dynamic fields as there may be no way to tell ahead of time what the field names are and you may not want all the fields.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Tim

RE: fl parameter

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Anyone able to help with the question below?

dealing with "fl" is a delicate dance in Solr right now .. complicated by
both FieldSelector logic and distributed search (where both DocList and
SolrDocumentList objects need to be dealt with).

I looked at this recently and even I can't remember what does what at the
moment ... i think you can do what you want just by writing a
QueryResponseWriter, but it might also be possible to do it as a
SearchComponent that prunes any SolrDocumentList objects and actaullizes
any DocList objects using just the fields you want.

The way to be sure is to look for all uses of CommonParams.FL in the code
base.

: Yonik, I couldn't find the issues you speak of can you point me in the right direction?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldAliasesAndGlobsInParams

-Hoss

RE: fl parameter

Posted by "Harsch, Timothy J. (ARC-SC)[PEROT SYSTEMS]" <ti...@nasa.gov>.
Anyone able to help with the question below?

Yonik, I couldn't find the issues you speak of can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Tim

Posted by "Harsch, Timothy J. (ARC-SC)[PEROT SYSTEMS]" <ti...@nasa.gov>.

Re: fl parameter