Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com> on 2005/10/07 15:45:45 UTC

Can I get an OracleCallableStatement from getConnection()?

Hello,
I'm using iBATIS DAO and the JdbcDaoTemplate in order to call an Oracle
Stored procedure that returns and OracleType.CURSOR in an out parameter.
I can't seem to do it b/c I'm getting a CallableStatement from the
conn.prepareCall() method instead of an OracleCallableStatement. Let me
know if I'm being an idiot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Can I get an OracleCallableStatement from getConnection()?

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
You are not being an idiot. :-D

The connection you get back is a proxied connection - that is how
iBATIS does logging of java.sql activity.

To find out how to get the real connection, someon will have to look
into the source. I do not know off-hand.

Larry