Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andrea <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 22:42:20 UTC

Get all the types referenced by a given class

There's an easier way to do it than writing a class which checks all methods
return type and arguments type, field and local variables?

Re: Get all the types referenced by a given class

Posted by Andrea <mi...@gmail.com>.
Torsten Curdt <tcurdt <at> apache.org> writes:

> Sounds like you are after something like this
>
>  http://vafer.org/projects/dependency/howto.html
>
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

Yes I was searching for something similar, thanks a lot^^
This morning I've also found this BCEL-based implementation and it seems to work
well:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/bcel/trunk/examples/TransitiveHull.java?view=markup&pathrev=410087

Andrea

Re: Re: Get all the types referenced by a given class

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org>.
It depends what you mean by referenced. If you mean used, then that is what
you need to do.
If you want to know what is merely defined (the type name actually shows up
in the java file), then you can probably just scan the constant pool table.