Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jan Kriesten <ja...@renitence.de> on 2007/07/31 17:54:58 UTC

stream markup without component fully rendered...

hi,

i need a hint how to write to the stream without having the component fully
rendered.

i have e.g. 5000 emails to import and want to write each successivly to the
stream when imported.

i started with AjaxLazyLoadPanel and after that build the component to show the
import-progress (i.e. writing the email address and a <br/> within
onComponentTagBody.

but ajaxlazyloadpanel also waits until the component has builded up completely.

best regards, --- jan.

Re: stream markup without component fully rendered...

Posted by Jan Kriesten <ja...@renitence.de>.
hi eelco,

> I think you either have to do something with ajax polling and do
> something custom with the result (append it to an element rather then
> replacing it maybe?) or see whether the push project people are
> working on in wicket-stuff can do anything for you.

yeah, i did it the following way:

- set up a WorkerClass

this extends Thread and gets a 'Queue' during instantiation where it can add
feedback-messages to.

- set up a WorkerContainer-Component

this takes a WorkerClass as parameter and provides it the necessary Queue.

- added an AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior to the WorkerContainer

this does a "target.appendJavascript( )" with a prototype.js-function
Insertion.Bottom() with the messages received in the Queue from the WorkerClass.

maybe this info is useful to someone else. :-)

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> i need a hint how to write to the stream without having the component fully
> rendered.
>
> i have e.g. 5000 emails to import and want to write each successivly to the
> stream when imported.
>
> i started with AjaxLazyLoadPanel and after that build the component to show the
> import-progress (i.e. writing the email address and a <br/> within
> onComponentTagBody.
>
> but ajaxlazyloadpanel also waits until the component has builded up completely.

I think you either have to do something with ajax polling and do
something custom with the result (append it to an element rather then
replacing it maybe?) or see whether the push project people are
working on in wicket-stuff can do anything for you.

Eelco