Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ricardo Gladwell <ri...@ubqtmedia.com> on 2001/04/03 12:08:17 UTC

Finding index.jsp on IIS

Dear All,

I have set-up my Windows 2000 server so that all *.jsp pages in the IIS web
root directory are handled by Tomcat, whilst the rest (*.html, *.shtml and
yucky *.asp) are handled normally by IIS. I used the following
configurations file settings to define this:

** START EXTRACT FROM server.xml **

<Context path=""
	docBase="c:\inetpub\wwwroot"
	debug="0"
	reloadable="true" >
</Context>

** END EXTRACT FROM server.xml **

** START EXTRACT FROM uriworkermap.properties **

/servlet/*=ajp12
/*.jsp=ajp12

** START EXTRACT FROM uriworkermap.properties **

I also set-up the default index page on IIS to be index.jsp so that, for
example, calling http://localhost/ will call c:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.jsp.
However, it appears that the call is not being handled by IIS and I get the
raw, un-compiled JSP code page back through my browser. Could someone please
tell me how do I configure IIS or Tomcat so that an index.jsp (or whatever
you call you index JSP pages) is handled by Tomcat.

TIA...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
UBQT Media PLC