Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2009/11/19 15:01:02 UTC

Batch inserts

On Nov 19, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Рябицкий Евгений wrote:

> One more thing:
> I didn't find nice solution for Inserting multiple DataRows in Table.
> So I have idea to add BatchInsert operations for API.

What about InsertBatchQuery? It is used internally by Cayenne and can
be used by the applications as well.

Andrus

RE: Batch inserts

Posted by Рябицкий Евгений <er...@diasoft.ru>.
Yeah. But it's using DBEntity inside to get Table MetaData.
So you should fill up map.xml before. It's painfull...
Idea is to add feature like loading for this DBEntity (as it's done in reverse engineering). + some caching for this DBEntitys.
So user can pass only: TableName, DataMap (even empty), and DataRows.
It will be much easy.