Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net> on 2021/12/11 21:05:54 UTC

log4j zero day exploit

Trying to mitigate the zero day log4j exploit without upgrading my solr
instance

per
https://solr.apache.org/security.html#apache-solr-affected-by-apache-log4j-cve-2021-44228

I  made the following edits  :
     (Linux/MacOS) Edit your |solr.in.sh| file to include:
|SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true"

I restarted solr but would like to verify my instance is running with
the log4j2 setting.

I can't figure out how to see what SOLR_OPTS it started with?

thanks,

Scott

Re: log4j zero day exploit

Posted by Tim Casey <tc...@gmail.com>.
The vulnerability is quite nasty.  If there is a user string logged in a
log4j line, then you are vulnerable.
I would suspect everyone would need to at least worry about it or risk
becoming a bitcoin harvester.

tim

Re: log4j zero day exploit

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.