Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/16 06:40:50 UTC

jsf subview: required?

 <f:subview id="page1" >
      <jsp:include page="page1.jsp" />
 </f:subview>

Is subview required?  or  simply use

<jsp:include page="page1.jsp" />

Subview is a naming container. Can I just use <jsp:include page="page1.jsp" /> to reduce id length if there is no id conflict? any other difference?

Thanks
Dave

Re: jsf subview: required?

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Use f:subview to wrap jsp:include is preferred, because prevent duplicate id
exceptions. But if you just include a page once in a view it is safe to use
jsp:include without it. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1834 for more details.

regards

Leonardo Uribe