Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Carlos Olmos <ca...@eudoramail.com> on 2003/01/04 00:57:23 UTC

table_sqq.currval not yet defined Error.

Hello all:

I'm new to Torque so probably my question is simple.

I'm using the newest Torque and Postgres with JDBC 7.2

I have a table named accesslog and the appropied torque classes (Data objects and peers). I'm using idbroker as the
default id method for the database and this table has an autoincremented primary key, so the idmethod is native.

Here is the schema:

<!--=========================================================================================-->
<!-- ACCESSLOG    -->
<!--=========================================================================================-->

    <column
    	name="accesslogID"
    	required="true"
    	type="BIGINT"
    	autoIncrement="true"
    	primaryKey="true"
    	description="identificador del registro"/>
    <column
    	name="usuarioID"
    	required="true"
    	type="BIGINT"
    	description="Usuario que accesa o sale"/>
    <column
    	name="tipolog"
    	required="true"
    	type="VARCHAR"
    	size="8"
    	description="tipo de registro login/logout"/>
   	<column
   		name="fecha"
   		required="true"
   		type="TIMESTAMP"
   		description="fecha del registro"/>

    <index name="ACCESSLOGID_INDEX">
      <index-column name="accesslogID"/>

    <index name ="ACCESSLOGUSERID_INDEX">
    	<index-column name="usuarioID"/>

    <foreign-key foreignTable="usuario">
        <reference local="usuarioID" foreign="usuarioID"/>
    </foreign-key>

When I insert data into this table via the code:

   Accesslog testAccess = new Accesslog();
   testAccess.setFecha(Calendar.getInstance().getTime());
   testAccess.setUsuarioid(2);         testAccess.setTipolog(ConstantManager.ACESSLOG_LOGOUT);
  AccesslogPeer.doInsert(testAccess);

The data is properly stored in the database (with incremented primary key and everything) but i get this exception over and over:

Error: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: ERROR:  accesslog_seq.currval is not yet defined in this session

Any idea why this is happening?.

My guess is it has something to do with the sequences in postgres, but i don't know what.

Thanks in advanced.

Carlos Olmos.

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com