Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Marc Kaufman <ka...@cs.stanford.edu> on 2018/03/21 21:55:13 UTC

Building from source in Eclipse

I've downloaded the source (PDFBox, Trunk:trunk) via Subversion, but I
can't find instructions on how to set up project Builders or the Maven
Run configurations, or how to configure jUnit to run the tests. The
latest document appears to be Ant related. Are newer setup instructions
available?

Marc Kaufman

Re: Building from source in Eclipse

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
I see that there haven't been answers... the next thing would be to ask
on stackoverflow. Add screenshots so that people can see your settings.

Tilman

Re: Building from source in Eclipse

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 01.04.2018 um 18:54 schrieb Marc Kaufman:
> Thanks. I discovered that you can do this by right-click on the error and
> invoking "Quick Fix"
That's another possible fix, but it modifies the pom.xml and we don't want to
include eclipse specific configuration options as not all devs are using eclipse.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
On 03/22/2018 04:59 PM, Marc Kaufman wrote:
> I've used Eclipse with Ant, extensively, but this is the first time with SVN and
> Maven. I successfully downloaded Trunk with SVN, but then forgot I had not
> installed Maven. So I did that. Then did a Maven clean install, and that seemed
> to compile and run all the tests. But when I try to edit a file, when I want to
> "Open Declaration" on a symbol, I get "Problems opening an editor. Reason:
> pdfbox does not exist".
>
> Going to stackoverflow for that problem:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10484500/maven-integration-in-eclipse-new-project-checked-out-but-cant-navigate
>

> I tried Configure-Convert to Maven Projects, and then Configure subprojects.
> That give me multiple top-level projects (fontbox, debugger, preflight, etc.),
> but the editing problem remains.
You don't have to convert anything as PDFBox is already configured to use maven.

- checkout the source
- import the project to eclipse: File -> Import -> Maven -> Existing Maven projects
- choose the source directory as root directory
- select all poms
- click finish

Eclipse should configure the project automatically.

Andreas

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

What did you do and what happened (or did not happen)? Have you ever
done this before?

Tilman

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6062428/how-to-open-an-existing-svn-project-in-eclipse
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16207758/how-to-check-out-from-svn-using-eclipse