Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sebastian Frankfurt <sf...@infesto.de> on 2002/02/12 09:31:07 UTC

Mailinglist policy vs. user-friendly?!

Hello,

I don't want to flame the list, but I think, there's something wrong.

I wanted to start a User-Request to this list, but this mail does not
end up in the mail-archive, so it seems to be, that it has been
rejected, because I was _not_ a member of this list.
Well, if I had to join every list, when I have a question to a software
product, I get flooded by thousands of e-mails :-(
(thanx god, to all e-mail filters > /dev/null)

If there is a possibility of sending _you_ a message _without_ the need
of subscribing to the list, it would be very appreciate to give me that
very useful information.

thanx,

Sebastian

PS: I know, you want to prevent the list of useless e-mail spamming and
     that like, but it is _very_ nerving to subscribe to 20 lists, getting
     thousands of e-mails in order to filter only those out of the trash ;-)
     that deal with my subject (or has to do with it).