Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Richard Beauchamp <ri...@rbeau.com> on 2003/01/31 00:02:36 UTC

RE: WithMultiArgsConstructor

Hello all,

I know this is a reply to an old post, but I'm just now updating our
infrastructure from OJB 0.9 to 0.9.8 and noticed that the new
'buildWithMultiArgsConstructor' method signature is modified (i.e., declares
a Map rather than an Object[]) and is not used anymore.

Having a safe 'buildWithMultiArgsConstructor' (as in OJB 0.9) is extremely
important to our team because we declare some persistent object (po)
properties as 'final'. If the only means to create a po was via a no-arg
constructor + reflection (as in OJB 0.9.8) then we couldn't declare some po
properties as 'final' and our pos would therefore become less correct and
less safe.

I'll work on a safe 'buildWithMultiArgsConstructor' and post it to the OJB
dev list.

Cheers,

Richard