Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/31 16:11:19 UTC

Lotico Event: Jena-based Components for Building Semantic Web Applications with Claus Stadler 4/2/20

FYI

Jena-based Components for Building Semantic Web Applications

http://www.lotico.com/index.php/Jena-based_Components_for_Building_Semantic_Web_Applications

Speaker: Claus Stadler

Location: Online on zoom ( https://zoom.us/j/955345345 )

Date: 2 April 2020

Time: 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT

The basics of RDF and SPARQL may seem simple enough at first, but once one
starts to develop a prototype, one quickly stumbles upon the same recurrent
problems, such as:

How can performance be improved by means of query caching? How can we deal
with blank nodes? How to deal with result set limits?

Apache Jena ( http://jena.apache.org/ ) is a powerful Semantic Web toolkit,
however for the aforementioned issues it does not provide out-of-the box
solutions. Our original motivation for our independent "jena-sparql-api"
project was to address these issues in one central place, instead of
distributing solutions - possibly with various degrees of quality - among
our applications (e.g. RDFUnit, DL-Learner, LIMES). By now, the library has
grown. Most notably, it now features declarative Java-RDF mappings and RDF
processing with reactive streams.

Duration:  60 min
Session-Type: Technology - Application - Coding
Session-Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Session-URL:
http://www.lotico.com/index.php/Jena-based_Components_for_Building_Semantic_Web_Applications

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: Lotico Event: Jena-based Components for Building Semantic Web Applications with Claus Stadler 4/2/20

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank You for joining us yesterday for the lotico event Jena-based
Components for Building Semantic Web Applications with Claus Stadler, we
had 23 attendees in the live session.

The recording is now available on youtube, please find the video link in
the session URL:

http://www.lotico.com/index.php/Jena-based_Components_for_Building_Semantic_Web_Applications

Enjoy and stay safe,
Marco