Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Daniel Carroza <dc...@stratio.com> on 2015/02/18 12:16:18 UTC

Can't find cube for fact table TEST_KYLIN_FACT

Hi,

What I've understood about Kylin is that it choose between cubes and
relational queries to satisfy a given query depending on if the cube is
available or not, right?

I'm trying to test it and check this performance with and without a cube.
After I've built the cube *test_kylin_cube_without_slr_desc* (BTW, what
does slr mean? ) I get this error:

Can't find cube for fact table TEST_KYLIN_FACT in project DEFAULT with
dimensions [TEST_KYLIN_FACT.SLR_SEGMENT_CD, TEST_KYLIN_FACT.PRICE,
TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.CATEG_LVL3_NAME,
TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.META_CATEG_NAME, TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LEAF_CATEG_ID,
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LSTG_SITE_ID, TEST_KYLIN_FACT.SELLER_ID,
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.CAL_DT, TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.CATEG_LVL2_NAME,
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LSTG_FORMAT_NAME] and measures []. Also please check
whether join types match what defined in Cube. while executing SQL: "SELECT
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.CAL_DT ,TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LEAF_CATEG_ID
,TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LSTG_SITE_ID ,TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.META_CATEG_NAME
,TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.CATEG_LVL2_NAME
,TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.CATEG_LVL3_NAME ,TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LSTG_FORMAT_NAME
,TEST_KYLIN_FACT.SLR_SEGMENT_CD ,TEST_KYLIN_FACT.PRICE
,TEST_KYLIN_FACT.SELLER_ID FROM TEST_KYLIN_FACT INNER JOIN TEST_CAL_DT ON
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.CAL_DT = TEST_CAL_DT.CAL_DT INNER JOIN
TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS ON TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LEAF_CATEG_ID =
TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.LEAF_CATEG_ID AND TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LSTG_SITE_ID =
TEST_CATEGORY_GROUPINGS.SITE_ID INNER JOIN TEST_SITES ON
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.LSTG_SITE_ID = TEST_SITES.SITE_ID INNER JOIN
TEST_SELLER_TYPE_DIM ON TEST_KYLIN_FACT.SLR_SEGMENT_CD =
TEST_SELLER_TYPE_DIM.SELLER_TYPE_CD LIMIT 50000"

What I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Carroza

<http://www.stratio.com/>
Vía de las Dos Castillas, 33, Ática 4, 3ª Planta.
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón. Madrid.
Tel: +34 91 828 64 73 // *@stratiobd <https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*

Re: Can't find cube for fact table TEST_KYLIN_FACT

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Firstly, ³slr² means ³seller²; ³with_slr² or ³without_slr² means whether
or not having the seller as a dimension. You can see that in the
³*with_slr_*² cubes, ³seller_id² is a dimension, which means it support
queries for seller_id (either "select seller_id² or ³group by seller_id";
³without_slr² cubes doesn¹t support that.

Checking the test SQL that you pasted, it expects to return
TEST_KYLIN_FACT.SELLER_ID in the query result, while this info wasn¹t
defined in the ³without_slr² cube, so that column will be ignored when
building this cube. The only cube ³test_kylin_cube_without_slr_desc² in
your project couldn¹t fulfill so Kylin throws the exception. You can try
either remove that from the SQL, or build the ³with_slr² cubes before
execute this query. As we¹re on holiday vacation this week, I couldn¹t
verify this on my testing box. Please give a try and let us know if you
have further question.

Posted by 周千昊 <z....@gmail.com>.
Sorry for replying to the same thread.
As Shaofeng has said, different cube may meet the need of different query.
So if you are going to run that query, you may need to create a cube by
yourself.

Posted by 周千昊 <z....@gmail.com>.
Hi, Santosh

Posted by Daniel Carroza <dc...@stratio.com>.