Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kidong Lee <br...@3rsoft.com> on 2001/03/04 02:17:22 UTC

class reload problem

Hello, Turbine users.

I'm new to Turbine. And it's wonderful tool for me.

I have a question about turbine.
Whenever I compile *.java sources (in webapp/myapp/WEB-INF/src/java...),
unless I restart turbine, source changes don't apply.
It seems that turbine don't reload (compiled) classes.
Is it normal, or something wrong?

I'm using JDK1.3RC1, tdk-1.1a11 on Linux 2.2.14-5.0
,and unset CLASSPATH variable,
and set module.cache = false in TurbineResources.properties.

Thanks in advance.

RE: class reload problem

Posted by "이기동(Brian Lee)" <br...@3rsoft.com>.
I added <Context...> tag below the Context tag for 'site' in server.xml file.
but, the problem is not fixed.
I still have to restart tdk. =(

have a try, please.

Re: class reload problem

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Kidong Lee wrote:

> Hello, Turbine users.
>
> I'm new to Turbine. And it's wonderful tool for me.
>
> I have a question about turbine.
> Whenever I compile *.java sources (in webapp/myapp/WEB-INF/src/java...),
> unless I restart turbine, source changes don't apply.
> It seems that turbine don't reload (compiled) classes.
> Is it normal, or something wrong?
>
> I'm using JDK1.3RC1, tdk-1.1a11 on Linux 2.2.14-5.0
> ,and unset CLASSPATH variable,
> and set module.cache = false in TurbineResources.properties.

Sorry, that's my fault. It's not turbine's fault, it's
the configuration for Catalina that I set up incorrectly.
This will be fixed in the next TDK. I will try and
find the correctly setting for Catalina and report
back so you get class reloading working. I think that
version of the TDK has the Catalina class reloading
fix, because there was a problem, but I think it's
a misconfiguration issue on my part.

I will try to find out for you what the correct
setting it. But you're lucky that Catalina is
so fast that it still doesn't take long to restart :-)

jvz.