Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Pablo Chacin <pc...@ac.upc.edu> on 2007/04/26 13:19:26 UTC

developing "plain" WSRF services with MUSE

Hi all

Sorry if  I made an obvious question, but how do I developed plain WSRF
services as was possible with the former WSRF framework, before it was
merged within Muse.
By "plain WSRF services" I mean one that is not implemented as a WSDM
capability.

Maybe there is something I don't understand from the new framework, but
it seams to me that the WSRF has been tightly integrated into WSDM, when
it should be a completely independent framework.

Many thanks in advance

 0 0 0  Pablo Chacin               | Dept. d'Arquitectura de Computadors
 0 0 0  e-mail: pchacin@ac.upc.edu | UPC-Campus Nord. Modul D6-212
 0 0 0  phone: +34 +93 405 4059    | Jordi Girona, 1-3
 U P C  fax:   +34 +93 401 7055    | 08034 Barcelona - SPAIN
        www:   http://personals.ac.upc.es/pchacin

Re: developing "plain" WSRF services with MUSE

Posted by Pablo Chacin <pc...@ac.upc.edu>.
Thank you for the quick answer. Maybe it's just me, because I started
looking at the older wsrf stuff, but it seams that now the interfaces
are more complex. I'm still don't know how to "map" o "port" a simple
wsrf resource that had a callback to its properties and the
corresponding resource home class to the new muse style interfaces. Does
exist any guide on how to migrate?

Posted by le...@bt.com.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Muse doesn't require any of the WS-* specs - you can put your resource
types together by aggregating properties/operations from various specs
into your WSDL and generating code. If you look at the 'wsrf' sample
project, it shows a resource that includes only WSRF definitions, no WSN
or WSDM. You can use the WSDL from this project (/wsdl/WsResource.wsdl) to
start and simply add your resource properties to the WSRP doc. Once you do
this and run wsdl2java, you will get code generated (getters/setters) for
the properties you defined.

Dan