Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Evan Palmer <ev...@huskers.unl.edu> on 2021/02/03 17:44:03 UTC

Django PyMol Output View

Hello,

I am a student working with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on the development of a science gateway using the Airavata-Django Portal. We are currently looking into implementing an interactive molecule viewer (i.e., PyMol or JMol) as a custom output view for an application. While reading through the Gateway tutorial<https://apache-airavata-django-portal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/gateways_tutorial/>, I noticed that PyMol was an option that had been implemented before. I am curious if there is anyone that we can contact to discuss some of our questions regarding the implementation of PyMol, or other interactive molecule viewers into the Django Portal.

Thank you,
Evan Palmer
[https://my-email-signature.link/signature.gif?u=752705&e=134113103&v=e5cd600381bb0e1ca00612da166fff2a6aecf4f7654b790fe7a7e08031b0bcef]

Re: Django PyMol Output View

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Evan,

Just to clarify, no PyMol viewer has been implemented as far as I know, that was just an idea of the kind of output viewer that could be created.

I'm glad that you are interested in implementing one and I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Django PyMol Output View

Posted by "Pamidighantam, Sudhakar" <pa...@iu.edu>.
Hi Evan:

In data.seagrid.org an implementation of glmol is available. I am interested in other molecular viewers like what you suggest.
https://github.com/SciGaP/seagrid-data

Sudhakar.

From: Evan Palmer <ev...@huskers.unl.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 12:44 PM
To: "dev@airavata.apache.org" <de...@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: Django PyMol Output View

Hello,

I am a student working with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on the development of a science gateway using the Airavata-Django Portal. We are currently looking into implementing an interactive molecule viewer (i.e., PyMol or JMol) as a custom output view for an application. While reading through the Gateway tutorial<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/apache-airavata-django-portal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/gateways_tutorial/__;!!DZ3fjg!vLJ29ak9tMoNKC-NSnOItnBvGi3h4BWXYwWtZIX5v4vu5UkesrJO5UwJT5CEZPayo9k$>, I noticed that PyMol was an option that had been implemented before. I am curious if there is anyone that we can contact to discuss some of our questions regarding the implementation of PyMol, or other interactive molecule viewers into the Django Portal.

Thank you,
Evan Palmer
[Image removed by sender.]