Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Frank Romweber <fr...@romweber.de> on 2011/09/28 09:16:16 UTC

Solr 3.4 Grouping group.main=true results in java.lang.NoClassDefFound

I use drupal for accessing the solr search engine. After updating an
creating my new index everthing works as before. Then I activate the
group=true and group.field=site and solr delivers me the wanted search
results but in Drupal nothing appears just an empty search page. I found
out that the group changes the resultset names. No problem solr offers
for this case the group.main=true parameter. So I added this and get
this 500 error.

HTTP Status 500 - org/apache/commons/lang/ArrayUtils
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang/ArrayUtils at
org.apache.solr.search.Grouping$Command.createSimpleResponse(Grouping.java:573)
at
org.apache.solr.search.Grouping$CommandField.finish(Grouping.java:675)
at org.apache.solr.search.Grouping.execute(Grouping.java:339) at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:240)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:194)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1368) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:356)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:252)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I found out that solr didt find the class ArrayUtils.class. I try a lot
of things to get this work. Setting JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH vars and I
changed the jre without any success. I am really wondering all my other
programms are still running even solr in the "normal" mode is working
and accesibly but not the group.main=true function.

So my question is now what is nessesary to get this work?
Any help is apreciated.

Thx frank

Re: Solr 3.4 Grouping group.main=true results in java.lang.NoClassDefFound

Posted by broncomania <br...@pornguys.net>.
Hey Martijn,

thx for your reply. I tried really a lot, at least I restart the server....
and eh voilá it works as expected. Stupid mistake.

But Martijn I read a lot your postings the last days about the work you have
done. I run into another problem regarding the grouping function including
the counting and numFound value. I think you are the right guy for my
problem.

I open already some tickets in the drupal community and also at JIRA to find
out if its a bug or just another mistake. This problem breaks my project and
I really hope to get some answers.

Please have a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2817 and
maybe you can help me or give me some suggestions to fix this issue.

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frank,

How is Solr deployed? And how did you upgrade?
The commons-lang library (containing ArrayUtils) is included in the
Solr war file.

Martijn

--
Met vriendelijke groet,