Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch> on 2003/09/02 12:04:37 UTC

problems installing lenya

hello

i have just installed lenya on win xp (.war-file from 01.09.2003) as a
webapplication in tomcat 4.1.24. the following log appears in tomcat-console:

200  2003-09-01 14:45:58,724 [HostConfig[localhost]]
WARN  org.apache.lenya.cms.
publishing.PublishingEnvironment  - Did not load publishing configuration
from p
ublication.xconf (file is missing). That means you can't access all
PublishingEn
vironment parameters and you should only use the AntTask.
server.properties not found, using command line or default properties
Opening database: D:\tomcat\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb
HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running
Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly
Using getRealPath: D:\tomcat\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF
Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:321)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:308)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:266)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:182)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:94)
         at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Unknown Source)
         at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:19
9)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

the exception occurs because cocoon is already running, as mentioned
earlier in this mailing-list:

>you probably have cocoon running in a different webapp context, and lenya
>and cocoon both have hsql. change the hsql port for one of them, or
>disable hsql, as appropriate

where can i disable hsql or change the port?

the welcome page of lenya does not appear, it means lenya doesn't work.
what's wrong?

thanks for ideas an help
jpp

Re: problems installing lenya

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.
>What Cocoon Version do you use? I am using the release 2.1 (I have copied
>a build to http://www.wyona.org/lenya/cocoon-2.1.tar.gz
>
>HTH
>
>Michael

thanks a lot for helping. i tried your cocoon 2.1 release although i
already had cocoon 2.1 installed and  -  it didn't work! there was still
the error, that some superclass in the xalan-library could not be accessed.
so i finally put the xerces, xalan and xml-apis libraries in a
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed directory instead of the
TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed/ directory and it worked! now i'm ready for the
next steps and i will check out lenyas features...

thanks

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Jean-Pierre Praz wrote:
> At 13:40 03.09.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Jean-Pierre Praz wrote:
>>

>>> i use the ones that come with cocoon (source from 12.8.2003),
>>> xalan-2.5.1and xercesImpl-2.4.0. should i use newer ones?
>>

>> I had problems with these and switched to a nighly build
>> of Xalan from last week.
>

> i tried with a built from this night of xalan and experience still the
> same problem unfortunately. i enter http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya and
> after a second i get redirected to
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/index.html, a blank page, and in the
> access-logs i see an internal server-error (500).
>
> localhost_log still shows the following error
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
> org.apache.xalan.xsltc.dom.SAXImpl$TypedNamespaceIterator cannot access
> its superclass
> org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseIterators$NamespaceIterator
>
> cocoon works perfectly.
> i removed all other webapps and libraries that i added to make sure,
> there is no conflict. may be there are some conflicts with jdk
> 1.4.0_02-b02?

What Cocoon Version do you use? I am using the release 2.1 (I have
copied a build to http://www.wyona.org/lenya/cocoon-2.1.tar.gz

HTH

Michael

> do you have another idea what i could do?
>
> thanks
> jpp

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: problems installing lenya

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jean-Pierre Praz wrote:

>>> i copied xerces, xalan and xml-apis to tomcat/common/endorsed
>>> could it be, that there exist conflicting versions of these (or
>>> other) libraries?
>>

>> This is possible. Which endorsed lib versions are you using?
>> You could try a recent nightly build of Xalan.
>

> i use the ones that come with cocoon (source from 12.8.2003),
> xalan-2.5.1and xercesImpl-2.4.0. should i use newer ones?

I had problems with these and switched to a nighly build
of Xalan from last week.

Andreas

Re: problems installing lenya

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Pierre Praz <jp...@datazug.ch>.
At 14:01 02.09.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>>the welcome page of lenya does not appear, it means lenya doesn't work.
>>what's wrong?
>
>This must have different cause. Please look at the log files.

i find the following in the log files after an attempt to access
http://localhost:8080/lenya

2003-09-03 12:09:11 StandardWrapperValve[Cocoon]: Servlet.service() for
servlet Cocoon threw exception
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
         ..
         ..
         ..
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.sax2dtm.SAX2DTM2$AncestorIterator cannot access its
superclass
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseIterators$InternalAxisIteratorBase
         ..
         ..

you're right, there's a different cause. but do you have an idea, what i
could do to avoid the error? i copied xerces, xalan and xml-apis to
tomcat/common/endorsed

could it be, that there exist conflicting versions of these (or other)
libraries?

thanks for your help

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jean-Pierre Praz wrote:

> 200  2003-09-01 14:45:58,724 [HostConfig[localhost]] WARN
> org.apache.lenya.cms.
> publishing.PublishingEnvironment  - Did not load publishing
> configuration from p
> ublication.xconf (file is missing). That means you can't access all
> PublishingEn
> vironment parameters and you should only use the AntTask.

This doesn't matter.

> server.properties not found, using command line or default properties
> Opening database: D:\tomcat\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF\db\cocoondb
> HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running
> Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly
> Using getRealPath: D:\tomcat\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF
> Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:321)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:308)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:266)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:182)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:94)
>         at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Unknown Source)
>         at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:19
> 9)

This also doesn't matter.

> where can i disable hsql or change the port?

build.properties:
hsqldb-server.port=19002 (remove the leading "#")