Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/02 01:14:14 UTC

[VOTE] Tools Release

Please review and vote on this Tools Release.

Release issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7661

Both tools have been published to
dist/dev:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/CB-7661/

The packages were published from their corresponding git tags:

    cordova-js: 3.7.0 (d84626637e)
    cordova-lib: 3.7.0 (329275484b)
    cordova-plugman: 0.22.11 (6ac534395a)
    cordova-cli: 3.7.0 (88e0c3ac00)

You can test the cli by running npm install -g cordova@rc

To test Android, Browser, Windows, WP, use --usegit flag when adding
them to your project.
ex. cordova platform add android --usegit

As you can see, in this release I have made the cli semver compliant.
The version is now 3.7.0.
I have also made cordova-lib's version 3.7.0 to sync up the two. If
you have any issues with this, lets discuss.

Upon a successful vote I will upload the archives to dist/, publish
them to NPM, and post the corresponding blog post.

Voting guidelines:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/release-voting.md

Voting will go on for a minimum of 48 hours.

I vote +1:
* Ran coho audit-license-headers over the relevant repos
* Used `license-checker` to ensure all dependencies have
Apache-compatible licenses

Re: [VOTE] Tools Release

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 6, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll rip out the shrinkwrap instructions today and replace it with pining instructions.

OK. We may need to recover these instructions later after shrinkwrap matures and we decide to go back down this path. They took a lot of bruised knuckles to generate :-o

> Should I pin just the release branches or master as well?

I'd suggest to pin both. I'd also suggest that the ones in master be updated the the very latest for each (`npm outdated`)

> Are only pinning for cordova-lib & cli?

I'd suggest specifically the tools (js, lib, plugman, cli), but really also any of our package.json files that have dependencies or devDependencies listed.

marcelk-macbook:apache marcelk$ ls cordova-*/package.json
cordova-amazon-fireos/package.json
cordova-android/package.json
cordova-app-harness/package.json
cordova-blackberry-plugins/package.json [Josh?]
cordova-blackberry/package.json
cordova-cli/package.json
cordova-coho/package.json
cordova-firefoxos/package.json
cordova-ios/package.json
cordova-js/package.json
cordova-labs/package.json
cordova-medic/package.json
cordova-plugman/package.json
cordova-ubuntu/package.json
cordova-website/package.json
cordova-wp8/package.json

Re: [VOTE] Tools Release

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
I'll rip out the shrinkwrap instructions today and replace it with pining
instructions. Should I pin just the release branches or master as well? Are

Re: [VOTE] Tools Release

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Tools Release

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
I did not use npm shrinkwrap for this release. Marcel did leave really
solid instructions for it, so I could add it in. Figured I would wait until
the npm shrinkwrap thread winds down before taking any action.

I also created 3.7.x release branches for cordova-lib & cordova-cli. This
way we can always go back and bump versions if necessary without reverting
commits on master.

RE: [VOTE] Tools Release

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Thank you, Ian!