Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2003/10/02 05:42:27 UTC

[Pluto]: how to add a portlet

I've checked out, built and installed Pluto, and the test portlet works.

I've created a .war with some sample portlets from Sun, and placed this
in the pluto/portlets directory.
When I install pluto, it picks that up, makes a webapp in tomcat for
it, and seems happy.

But when I visit pluto's portal in my browser at
localhost/pluto/portal, it just shows the "test" in the left menu...

So, if we add a portlet to pluto, how do we get to see it in pluto?

Thanks.

- Glenn

Re: [Pluto]: how to add a portlet

Posted by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu>.
I'll answer this - I'm not sure this is the best or only way, but it
works...

To add portlets to pluto's portal, edit:

PLUTO/war/WEB-INF/data/portletentityregistry.xml

Then edit:

PLUTO/war/WEB-INF/data/pageregistry.xml

To add them to the set of pages, etc, displayed.

If you modify these in the source area, you have to re-install pluto.
You can also edit them in the deployed webapp.

- Glenn