Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/23 23:32:36 UTC

https://whimsy.apache.org/status/svn fails for private repos

error is Authentication failed

I think this may need root karma to solve?

Re: https://whimsy.apache.org/status/svn fails for private repos

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 8:08 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This wasn't a problem on whimsy-vm3, and it appears
>> that the mode there didn't permit write operations.  I've done a chmod
>
> Does that setting need to be added to puppet and/or DEPLOYMENT.md?

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/commit/725952311292b4440a7dfc31ddf55ec0e52ec0f0

- Sam Ruby

Re: https://whimsy.apache.org/status/svn fails for private repos

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 June 2017 at 13:08, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 June 2017 at 03:15, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> error is Authentication failed
>>>
>>> I think this may need root karma to solve?
>>
>> Fixed.  It looks like some svn operation doesn't specify
>> --no-auth-cache.
>
> AFAIK, most of the command lines don't.
> However ISTM that ought to be part of the defaults for any SVN installation.
> Perhaps a generic puppet change is needed?

Ignore that, just seen DEPLOYMENT.md.

Can one still use pre-set creds if no-auth-cache is set?
That would work once initial setup is complete.

But in any case there should probably be a utility method for all SVN
access (ditto Git).

>> This wasn't a problem on whimsy-vm3, and it appears
>> that the mode there didn't permit write operations.  I've done a chmod
>
> Does that setting need to be added to puppet and/or DEPLOYMENT.md?

Oops, I see you have done this.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> error is Authentication failed
>
> I think this may need root karma to solve?

Fixed.  It looks like some svn operation doesn't specify
--no-auth-cache.  This wasn't a problem on whimsy-vm3, and it appears