Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by kishore g <g....@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 16:35:19 UTC

remove dependency on external libraries

Hi,

Thanks to Alexandre Procelli for finding the security flaw in Restlest, I
think we should remove the dependency on Restlet, we don't need it in
Helix-Core in 99% of the use cases. Only use case is where the participant
sends health metrics directly to controller.  Even in this case restlet is
probably the wrong library.

What do people think about removing the dependency.

Same goes with Apache camel, I think we depend on it because of josql. The
use of that is very limited and we can easily write a custom code that
looks up keys in ZNRecord.

thanks,
Kishore G

Re: remove dependency on external libraries

Posted by Alexandre Porcelli <po...@redhat.com>.
A big +1 from me ;)

Regards,
---
Alexandre Porcelli
Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat Business Systems and Intelligence Group

Posted by Ming Fang <mi...@mac.com>.
+1