Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 09:46:26 UTC

[axis2]WSDL2C Code generation

Hi all,
        I m working on Implementing WSDL2C tool in C language as my
project for Google Summer of Code. I already worked on generating C code
using Java tool with databinding support. Following is the brief plan of
the project.

Use the architecture of the WSDL2Java tool,  so that I can use the same
templates.
Use libxslt(http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/intro.html) as the XSLT parser
Use C implementation of the WODEN to parse WSDL
Use axiom, util and core libraries in Axis2C
All hearders, public structs and functions prefixed with "codegen_"
                                                             Macros
prefixed with "CODEGEN_"

Regards
Dimuthu

Re: [axis2]WSDL2C Code generation

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
+1
Damitha

[Axis2] Doxygen API grouping [was:Re: [axis2]WSDL2C Code generation]

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
OOps!!! Wrong subject.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Not directly relevant to codegen is it ;-)

Ajith

On 6/23/06, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>     We have to group the API docs to help users traverse the doxygen API
> docs with ease.
>
>     I would like to propose the following structure. Please comment.
>
> axis2
>     axis2_addr
>     axis2_context
>     axis2_description
>     axis2_phaseresolver
>     axis2_receivers
>     axis2_util
>     axis2_clientapi
>     axis2_deployment
>     axis2_engine
>     axis2_transport
>     axis2_mod_addr
>     mod_util
> axiom
>     axiom_attachments
>     axiom_om
>     axiom_parser
>     axiom_soap
>     axiom_util
> xml_schema
>     xml_schema_processing
>     xml_schema_components
>     xml_schema_types
> woden
>     woden_builder
>     woden_schema
>     woden_types
>     woden_util
>     woden_wsdl
>     woden_xml
>

> I have not included Rampart here. Once we are more clear on what the
> exact structure of Rampart is we can do that.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [axis2]WSDL2C Code generation

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Comments in line:

Dimuthu Gamage wrote:

> Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>
>> Dimuthu Gamage wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>        I m working on Implementing WSDL2C tool in C language as my
>>> project for Google Summer of Code. I already worked on generating C
>>> code using Java tool with databinding support. Following is the
>>> brief plan of the project.
>>>
>>> Use the architecture of the WSDL2Java tool,  so that I can use the
>>> same templates.
>>

>> +1
>>
>>> Use libxslt(http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/intro.html) as the XSLT parser
>>

>> Why not use XAlan (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html)?
>

> Xalan is a C++ project and has  a C Wrapper API. So I thought to use
> libxslt which is completely implemented in C with MIT license. Anyway
> this part is an independent, so we can interchange the xslt parser
> easily ( for an example by command line option ).

Yes true, Xalan is in C++, however as you have pointed out in the other
mail, there is a C API - and yes I agree that it is not the ideal
solution wen it comes to performance (Codegen is done off line often, so
it is not that much of an issue)
Anyway the rationale to propose Xalan was to use Apache family of products.

However, I am +1 for the abstraction layer that you are proposing. As
far as this layer is there, I am +1 to use XSLT parser.
Command line option is not a good idea for switching the XSLT parser.
IMHO it is a compile time option, not a runtime option.

Samisa...

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Dimuthu Gamage wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>        I m working on Implementing WSDL2C tool in C language as my
>> project for Google Summer of Code. I already worked on generating C
>> code using Java tool with databinding support. Following is the brief
>> plan of the project.
>>
>> Use the architecture of the WSDL2Java tool,  so that I can use the
>> same templates.
>

> +1
>
>> Use libxslt(http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/intro.html) as the XSLT parser
>

> Why not use XAlan (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html)?

Xalan is a C++ project and has  a C Wrapper API. So I thought to use
libxslt which is completely implemented in C with MIT license. Anyway
this part is an independent, so we can interchange the xslt parser
easily ( for an example by command line option ).

>> Use C implementation of the WODEN to parse WSDL
>

> +1
>
>> Use axiom, util and core libraries in Axis2C
>

> Where are you going to use AXIOM?

AXIOM is used in building the intermediate XML document which is
generated parsing the WSDL. This document is transformed using xslt
parser with some xsl style sheet to generate the final code.

>> All hearders, public structs and functions prefixed with "codegen_"
>>                                                             Macros
>> prefixed with "CODEGEN_"
>

> Hmmm, codegen is OK, but are we going to move this code out as an
> independant project later? If so what would be the project name? If
> there is going to be such a project, I suggest using that project name
> as the prefix. What about "w2c_" (short for WSDL2C)?

Thanks for the suggestion. I ll consider that

> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>

>> Regards
>> Dimuthu

Regards
Dimuthu

[Axis2] [Woden] Using a hash map to hold function table

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damitha,
    I am a bit concerned on using a hash table for holding the function
table in the woden code.
    I think this is a bit inefficient. Any thoughts on how to improve this?

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [axis2]WSDL2C Code generation

Posted by Dimuthu Chathuranga <di...@gmail.com>.
HI,
I m thinking of using the C API of the Xalan. Check
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/usagepatterns.html#cvar. The API is used to
transform xml document with xsl style sheets which in this case generate c
code.
See how it is done in Java codgen tool
http://www.wso2.net/articles/axis2/java/2006/02/06/inside-codegen

Dimuthu

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Dimuthu Gamage wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>        I m working on Implementing WSDL2C tool in C language as my
>> project for Google Summer of Code. I already worked on generating C
>> code using Java tool with databinding support. Following is the brief
>> plan of the project.
>>
>> Use the architecture of the WSDL2Java tool,  so that I can use the
>> same templates.
>

> +1
>
>> Use libxslt(http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/intro.html) as the XSLT parser
>

> Why not use XAlan (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html)?

Xalan is a C++ project and has  a C Wrapper API. So I thought to use
libxslt which is completely implemented in C with MIT license. Anyway
this part is an independent part, so we can interchange the xslt parser

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dimuthu Gamage wrote:

> Hi all,
>        I m working on Implementing WSDL2C tool in C language as my
> project for Google Summer of Code. I already worked on generating C
> code using Java tool with databinding support. Following is the brief
> plan of the project.
>
> Use the architecture of the WSDL2Java tool,  so that I can use the
> same templates.

+1