Posted to users@camel.apache.org by BL <Je...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/13 22:22:31 UTC

proxy

Hi,

I need to create a Camel proxy such that a http request is fronted by a soap
webservice exposed by Camel.
The webservice arguments has to be extracted from the soap webservice and
added as request parameters to the http request.
My plan is to created the webservice via cxf to expose a webservice, a
processor to extract the soap webservice arguments and add them to the in
message header with the key: Exchange.HTTP_QUERY to build up the http query
string.
Would the this be the proper way to do such a thing or is there another
cleaver way of doing this in Camel?

Regards

Re: proxy

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM, BL <Je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a Camel proxy such that a http request is fronted by a soap
> webservice exposed by Camel.
> The webservice arguments has to be extracted from the soap webservice and
> added as request parameters to the http request.
> My plan is to created the webservice via cxf to expose a webservice, a
> processor to extract the soap webservice arguments and add them to the in
> message header with the key: Exchange.HTTP_QUERY to build up the http query
> string.
> Would the this be the proper way to do such a thing or is there another
> cleaver way of doing this in Camel?

No this sounds like a good approach.

There is also the FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-use-dynamic-uri-in-to.html

Just mind about http error codes, so if the http call fails, then you
may need to map that to soap faults or something.
And as well have to map the response from http back to the soap response.

> Regards

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com