Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Parth Gandhi <pa...@excellenceinfonet.com> on 2019/06/18 10:28:39 UTC

Kafka broker server high memory utilization

Hi,

I am seeing my kafka broker server running at >90% memory and most of the
memory is used by buffer/cache. Is this a normal expected behavior? or
shall i look at increasing the Physical memory of the servers.
[image: image.png]
PS: I have 3 broker server with around 30+ topic and 400+ partition spread
across these servers.

Thanks,
Parth Gandhi
DevOps

Disclaimer

Re: Kafka broker server high memory utilization

Posted by Parth Gandhi <pa...@excellenceinfonet.com>.
Thanks Steve. So i shouldn't worry about increasing the RAM at this moment.
Also do you think that the system resource are OK to handle the workload.

3 server  - 2 core processor and 8 GB Ram. Retention policy is set to 168
hours.

Thanks,
Parth Gandhi
DevOps