Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ranjini Rathinam <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 12:51:48 UTC

Error: Java Heap space

Hi,

While excuting the word count mapreduce program , input  file is 95.2 MB.
the error occures like this "  Error: Java Heap space"

I have added -D mapred.child.java.opts=Xmx4096M in runtime also,

but the error has not solve .

In code also i have written conf.mapred.map.java.task=Xmx512M

for both mapper and reducer but still the error has not been fixed.

Please help to fix the error ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Ranjini.R

Re: Error: Java Heap space

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Is it happening in map or reduce phase, and are you allocating anything in
your mappers/reducers? For example if you are having a collection in one of
them, this might be causing the heap error. Also what are the specs of your
nodes? How many concurrent map en reduce tasks per tasktracker,... We
cannot help if you give us so little information..

Re: Error: Java Heap space

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error: Java Heap space

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.