Posted to announce@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org> on 2008/06/27 00:35:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released!

The Apache Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of the fourth
maintenance release: Apache Wicket 1.3.4. A lot of bugs have been squashed and
several improvements implemented. Two noteworthy bugs have been squashed:

 - cross session leakage due to a dangling thread local in exceptional
   circumstances
 - memory leak in localizer (WICKET-1667)

It is therefore recommended you update to Wicket 1.3.4 at your earliest
convenience.

Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read further:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.4

We thank you for your patience and support.

- The Wicket Team

Apache Wicket

Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework. With
proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of
XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again. Swap
the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful, reusable
components written with plain Java and HTML.

You can find out more about Apache Wicket on our website:

http://wicket.apache.org

This release

This release is the fourth maintenance release for the Wicket 1.3 product.
This release fixes several bugs and adds some minor improvements. You can find
out about the changes at the bottom of this announcement.

Migrating from 1.2

If you are coming from Wicket 1.2, you really want to read our migration
guide, found on the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-13.html

Downloading the release

You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system, and you
can find it through the following link:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.4/

For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom's to the following, and
everything will be downloaded automatically:

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
   <artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
   <version>1.3.4</version>
</dependency>

Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the other
projects.

Please note that we don't prescribe a Logging implementation for SLF4J. You
need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more about SLF4J here:
http://slf4j.org

Validating the release

The release has been signed by Martijn Dashorst, your release manager for
today. The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the download area.
Download the KEYS file only from the Apache website.

http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.3.4/KEYS

Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#check-integrity

Reporting bugs

In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

The distribution

In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains instructions
on how to build from source yourself. You also find a CHANEGELOG-1.3 which
contains a list of all things that have been fixed, added and/or removed since
Wicket 1.3.0.

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.3.4

** Bug
    * [WICKET-613] - Prototype scoped Spring beans
    * [WICKET-1152] - MetaDataRoleAuthorizationStrategy.unauthorize()
doesn't work
    * [WICKET-1292] - WicketTester continueToOriginalDestination()
uses application home page instead of original redictor
    * [WICKET-1366] - "ava.lang.IllegalStateException: No Page found
for component" when collapsing nodes in a LinkTree
    * [WICKET-1418] - org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer swallows AbortException
    * [WICKET-1453] - WicketServlet does not set content type on fallback()
    * [WICKET-1473] - BaseWicketTester.isComponentOnAjaxResponse()
test is too strong
    * [WICKET-1476] - Referencing Page may cause StackOverflowError
    * [WICKET-1499] - AjaxEditableMultiLineLabel + race condition /
    * [WICKET-1501] - MarkupCache.putIntoCache doesn't behave correctly!!
    * [WICKET-1504] - AutoCompleteTextField - javascript error "type
mismatch" in line 227 in IE
    * [WICKET-1507] - MarkupCache style/variation/locale support broken
    * [WICKET-1510] - FormDispatcherRequest creates invalid parameter map
    * [WICKET-1521] - ClassCastException in MixedUrlCodingStrategy
    * [WICKET-1527] - WicketTester can not deal with null values in
page parameters
    * [WICKET-1536] - Enclosure permanently hides direct children
after it has been itself hidden once
    * [WICKET-1537] - SelectOption generates non xhtml compliant markup
    * [WICKET-1541] - PopupSettings' windowName fixes for IE
    * [WICKET-1544] - Update Javadoc for AbstractValidator
    * [WICKET-1547] - Add getterfor IPageable to PagingNavigation
    * [WICKET-1548] - PagingNavigator calls factory methods from constructor
    * [WICKET-1549] - Memory leak with PropertyResolver (in running test suites)
    * [WICKET-1551] - javascript status variable hides the
window.status variable because it is not declared as a far in
wicket-ajax.js
    * [WICKET-1556] - Non-existant package resources lazily added to pool
    * [WICKET-1558] - WicketTester.startPage(page) throws "No
requestCycle is currently set"
    * [WICKET-1560] - MarkupFragmentFinder fails on transparent
resolvers within Repeaters
    * [WICKET-1569] - AjaxButton break form data when
IRequestSettings.#getResponseRequestEncoding is not UTF-8.
    * [WICKET-1570] - We should mark session dirty when at least one
page is touched
    * [WICKET-1575] - AjaxEventBehavior does not check for
component.isEnableAllowed before adding the ajax event to the tag
    * [WICKET-1598] - Typos in JavaDoc of IMarkupResourceStreamProvider.java
    * [WICKET-1607] - addDomReadyEvent unreliable for Safari
    * [WICKET-1626] - Typo in
src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/protocol/http/WebApplication.java
    * [WICKET-1632] - IE bug causes wicket problems when id auto
generation is active
    * [WICKET-1635] - Stripping javascript comments and whitespace
breaks application when using prototype library

    * [WICKET-1645] - Syntactic errors in the manifest OSGi headers
    * [WICKET-1646] - AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior not working
correctly when using IE 7
    * [WICKET-1649] - Manifests use incorrect Dynamic-ImportPackage header
    * [WICKET-1658] - WicketTester#clickLink doesn't update lastRenderedPage
    * [WICKET-1659] - Prolem with 'mouseactive' in
wicket-autocomplete.js when AutoCompleteBehaviour is added (twice)
during Ajax roundtrip
    * [WICKET-1667] - Memory leak in Localizer
    * [WICKET-1669] - TimeFrame.equals(Object)  does not work as expected
    * [WICKET-1670] - Time.valueOf() does not clear miliseconds
    * [WICKET-1682] - HtmlHandler can't handle tags not requiring
closed tags if the tag names are uppercase
    * [WICKET-1697] - Bad caching in <wicket:message> tag for the same
key in same markup structure
    * [WICKET-1701] -
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.CompressedPackageResource$CompressingResourceStream.cache
needs to avoid being serialized
    * [WICKET-1704] - ResourceStreamRequestTarget.configure set wrong
ContentLength for non-ascii characters
    * [WICKET-1705] - GuiceComponentInjector mishandles static fields
    * [WICKET-1706] - org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects.convertValue
returns null if it cannot convert the value

** Improvement
    * [WICKET-1492] - Allow form to specify prefix for formcomponent names
    * [WICKET-1524] - Disable javadoc plugin in regular build to make it faster
    * [WICKET-1590] - AjaxEditableChoiceLabel ignores ChoiceRenderer
in newLabel(...)
    * [WICKET-1592] - html.form.Form object should have method to
obtain all FormValidator objects associated with
    * [WICKET-1595] - AutoCompleteTextField: Scrolling down the Choice
Menu Only When the Bottom of the Menu Is Reached
    * [WICKET-1608] - make AutoCompleteBehavior's configuration more flexible
    * [WICKET-1618] - Localizer API should be enhanced so that the
cache implementation can be overwritten
    * [WICKET-1668] - Application_es.properties (added translations)
    * [WICKET-1708] - Allow the module init parameter to contain
multiple class names
    * [WICKET-1709] - Allow configuration of the guice Stage for
GuiceWebApplicationFactory
    * [WICKET-1711] - Improve Locale fallback in BundleStringResourceLoader

** New Feature
    * [WICKET-1322] - NormalUrlCodingStrategy: It does not append / to
the end of the url before the parameters
    * [WICKET-1428] - AutoLinkResolver and Parent-Relative (../) Links
    * [WICKET-1609] - add RedirectToExternalException
    * [WICKET-1641] - provide OSGi metadata

** Wish
    * [WICKET-1562] - Autocomplete should display the selection list
even if the input field is empty

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released!

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Alexei Sokolov wrote:
> How do you guys vote on what to fix in the next release? I opened
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1545  awhile ago...

A good patch containing a fix is a sure way to increase the
priority :)

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released!

Posted by Alexei Sokolov <al...@gmail.com>.
How do you guys vote on what to fix in the next release? I opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1545  awhile ago...

Alex

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernard Niset <bn...@smartobjects.be>.
Martijn Dashorst a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Bernard Niset <bn...@smartobjects.be> wrote:
>
>> Hi Martijn,
>> Thanks for the release.
>> I don't find how to build the javadoc. Apparently, mvn package doesn't do
>> that anymore.
>>

> Not by default: it took too long and too much processing for the
> default build. We have enabled it for the release profile. mvn
> -Prelease package will build the javadoc.

Could you please update the page Building from svn
(http://wicket.apache.org/building-from-svn.html) with this information?
It's not wiki otherwise I'd be pleased to do it myself.
>> BTW, it's a pity you don't provide the javadoc by default in the
>> distribution.
>>

> I beg to differ: adding JavaDoc will increase the download size
> considerably for little benefit. If you just use maven to manage your
> project, you can attach the source/javadoc jars easily to your project
> (mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true)

I don't why every other open source project does it then. Not everybody
is a maven magician or use it in their projects. Having the javadoc
prebuilt would avoid this kind of error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] There are test failures.
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jun 27 14:33:04 CEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 23M/52M

Anyways, thanks for your help.
Bernard.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released!

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernard Niset <bn...@smartobjects.be>.
Hi Martijn,
Thanks for the release.
I don't find how to build the javadoc. Apparently, mvn package doesn't
do that anymore.
BTW, it's a pity you don't provide the javadoc by default in the
distribution.
Kind Regards,
Bernard.

Posted by Bernard Niset <bn...@smartobjects.be>.