Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by tiger2214 <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 12:48:39 UTC

Consuming slows

Hi,
i'm using amq with servicemix.
I guess the use I make of amq is pretty normal :
a provider provides messages to a queue and some (4 to 32) consumers consume
those messages.
First the consumers were quicker than the provider and the queue contained
rarely more than one or two messages.  i had no problem.  The provider and
consumers speed were 15 msgs/s.
Then because of the developpement, provider  got faster, and consumers
slower.  The queue began to store messages.  Provider speed : 60 msgs/s,
consumers : 15 m/s.
That's where the troubles began.
After 1.000 to 10.000 messages, something strange happend :
provider and consumers speed went near 1m/s and they didn't use cpu anymore.
Only amq was.
After some time (random), everything goes back to normal, then speed falls
back again, etc.

I tried all sorts of configuration with servicemix and amq but nothing
changes...
I tested every component alone and they all seem to work perfectly.

Any ideas ?

Denis