Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Quillen <ro...@fastforms.com> on 2000/04/19 16:53:39 UTC

mapping URL pattern to jsp not working

Mapping an URL pattern to a jsp file does not seem to be working correctly
with the 3.1 beta built yesterday.  I'll add this to the bug database if
it's actually a bug.

Here is my web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>FooServlet</servlet-name>
        <jsp-file>/foo.jsp</jsp-file>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>FooServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/foo/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

When I try to connect to a mapped URL, say
http://localhost:8080/myapp/foo/bar I get a 404 for the file
/myapp/foo.jsp/bar.

This should work right??  Or am I totally mis-understanding the web.dtd?

-Robert Quillen
Insystems Technologies