Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Helmut Denk <he...@gmx.de> on 2009/02/25 12:09:17 UTC

is it save to use 'svn-trunk' for docbook2pdf-generation ?

hi fop-community,

i am quite new to fop and wanted to know, in
what state of quality 'trunk' is ...

is it save, to use 'fop built from the svn-trunk'
to process standard docbook -> fo -> pdf chain ?
(using saxon9 for xslt)

what are the main differences between 0.95
and trunk ?

thank you & have a nice day

Re: is it save to use 'svn-trunk' for docbook2pdf-generation ?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Helmut Denk wrote:

> hi fop-community,
>
> i am quite new to fop and wanted to know, in
> what state of quality 'trunk' is ...

The quality of trunk is good thanks to a large automated test suite and
per review.

> is it save, to use 'fop built from the svn-trunk'
> to process standard docbook -> fo -> pdf chain ?
> (using saxon9 for xslt)

I believe so. I use FOP trunk in my application with no adverse affects.

> what are the main differences between 0.95
> and trunk ?

Changes between v0.95 and trunk are listed here:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html#version_FOP%20Trunk

Chris

Re: is it save to use 'svn-trunk' for docbook2pdf-generation ?

Posted by Helmut Denk <he...@gmx.de>.
very helpful. thank you.