Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Ulaganathan, Udhayakumar" <ud...@siemens.com> on 2014/09/16 12:31:43 UTC

Need help to do simple line by line indexing and search

Hi,

I am a new user to Lucene Search

I want to index the contents of a file.
Contents of the file will be a single file name with extension (file name may contain special characters)
While indexing, I created a new analyzer to tokenize only on new line character.

Path of the file name is -> String Field with Store.YES
Contents of the file is -> TextField with a buffered input stream

Following is the view of the terms (using Luke)

[cid:image001.png@01CFD1C6.C3D8D150]

While searching for "7.txt", I need to get the 3 file paths containing the line '7.txt'.
Can anyone help me with the correct way to query this.

Using QueryParser with query string '7.txt' -> parsing it to contents:7 AND contents:txt

Analyzer analyzer = new NewLineAnalyzer (Version.LUCENE_4_9);

QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_4_9, field, analyzer);

Following is always returning 0 matching documents

Query query = new QueryBuilder (analyzer).createBooleanQuery ("contents", queryString, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

Re: Need help to do simple line by line indexing and search

Posted by atawfik <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you share the implementation of your analyzer. It might be the problem.
It will be helpful to share also a sample of your indexed documents.

Regards
Ameer