Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl> on 2000/09/22 11:59:18 UTC

Project using Cocoon 2.x

As I said before. I'm currently developing a webapplication that
probably will use Cocoon. But I've read (O'Reilly: Brett McLaughlin -
Java and XML and ofcourse the Cocoon website) what Cocoon 2 will bring
us, and I'd rather want to use Cocoon 2 instead of Cocoon 1. I know
Cocoon 2 is still in alpha status, but in October the first beta will be
released, and at the end of this year the final version.

The project I want to use Cocoon (2) for ends in january 2001. My
question is, can I start using/developing with Cocoon 2 (alpha at the
moment) and will most of it still work (maybe faster :p) as soon as the
final release will be there? In other words, will there not be major
changes at XML/XSLT/XSP/Sitemap level (in comparisson to the newest
alpha release)? And is the Alpha release usable at the moment? Not for
production environment, just for testing purposes? (It may be a bit
slower, but are most of the features there, in a pre-pre-pre state?).

With best regards,

Peter Verhage

P.S.
I want to put my effords to this project in my free time, but that's
something I will be talking about later... :)

--
Peter Verhage       <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology