Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Gregory Fee <gf...@lyft.com> on 2018/10/09 00:13:23 UTC

Watermark through Rest Api

Hello! I am interested in getting the current low watermark for tasks
in my Flink jobs. I know how to see them in the UI. I'm interested in
getting them programmatically, hopefully via rest api. The
documentation says that they are exposed as metrics but I don't see
watermark info in the 'metrics' section in the job detail. Does anyone
know how I might get the watermark information?

Gregory Fee
Engineer

Re: Watermark through Rest Api

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

Watermarks are tracked per Task/Operator level:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#io <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#io>

Tracking watermarks on the job level would be problematic, since it would require some kind of aggregation (min? Avg?) of all of the operators.

Piotrek